Sunday, December 18, 2011

He's Here

     Whew! The pain is over. Sweet relief. Of course, riding four days on the back of a donkey is not that comfortable in any circumstance, but doing it while nine months pregnant; well, that is near murder. And then the labor pains; oh my, the labor pains. But he's here. He's here, and he's beautiful. What fragile, little hands! Oh, how can such small little hands cradle the entire world, and yet....that's just what the angel said, didn't he?

     Ah, Joseph, my Joseph. My rock, my strength. What a blessing he's been. To think of the whispering and finger pointing. The shame he's borne for me. What kind of love is that? Oh, Father; how wonderful and wise You are to provide such a man to me. I'm not worthy, and yet....oh how you love me!

    Oh, my Yeshi is crying. Sweet little Yeshi. Are you hungry? Of course you are. You've had a trying time yourself, haven't you? There you go. It's alright. Mama's here.

     Oh my God, how is it that I hold you in my arms while you hold me in yours? What a crazy notion! And yet, you're here! I don't know if I'm up to this. I mean, to raise your Son? That is impossible! But, then again, with you nothing's impossible is it? Our father Abraham left all that he knew, because you make all things possible! Moses led our people out of Egypt. King David slew the giant. Queen Esther saved our nation; yes, you make all things possible! You're the God of impossible, and for that, I'm so grateful.

     Father, I must rest now, but then again, you know that, don't you? Joseph's strong arms are around me, and little Yeshi is nodding off on my breast. I think I'll get a little sleep now. Father, you are wonderful, and I am your servant; but, this is such a strange way to save the world....

No comments:

Post a Comment